Become an AVHS foster home
Partner with us to help pets that need socialization, a safe place to heal, or time to grow outside of the shelter.
Foster care is temporary care and shelter for one of our animals to give them a break from the kennel environment. Foster Volunteers provide essential help. To apply to become a foster volunteer, please follow these steps:
- Fill out our Foster Application.
- Fill out our Foster Waiver and Volunteer Confidentiality Waiver.
- Read over our foster powerpoint for cats and/or dogs
- Once these steps have been completed our foster coordinator, Emy firstname.lastname@example.org, will reach out to you to set up a time to meet and discuss fostering and complete a home visit (being held virtually at this time).
- Your home is now ready for foster animals! The shelter will call when an appropriate animal for your home is in need of fostering. Thank you so much, you are making a huge difference in the lives of animals!
*If you would like to also volunteer your time here at the shelter, please fill out the general volunteer application instead, found here.
We are looking for volunteers 18 years and older to care for these pets. . While you are fostering the animal, Ark-Valley Humane Society provides food, any necessary medications, crate, a collar and leash (for dogs), a pet carrier (for cats) and training for the volunteer. As a foster parent, all you need to provide is love in a safe and clean home where the animal can thrive and flourish!